Unusual event

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
paullanders

Unusual event

Post by paullanders » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Dave.

I sent the following email to your older x@xx.purplepixie.org address (I don't know your newer Gmail address) with a PDF attachment:

"I had an unusual event happen last night (see attached PDF). I am mystified by some of the graphs, particularly the flat-lines that are not RED, and the slowly increasing ping reply times. The only alerts that I received were for the failures of eff (pages 6-7 of the PDF) and the failure of GMA (page 9 of the PDF.)

If you'll remember I use a custom script to disable all alerts on all nodes during the night, then re-enable them in the morning so that testing continues but no alerts are issued. I noted today that alerting was OFF for all nodes and I had to manually run the script to re-enable them. Unfortunately I had cron output going to the bit bucket, so there are no log enties :(

Any insight you could give?

Thanks!"

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Re: Unusual event

Post by dave » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Paul,

Got the email - address hasn't changed, just hosting. I've just moved so sorry for the delay.

The big gaps are where testing isn't being performed at all. Let me have a better look over the weekend and I'll get back to you with some ideas.

Regards,

Dave.

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Dave.

my script reports this:

Too many connections in /opt/freenats/server/base/nats.db.inc.php on line 39 Cannot connect to MySQL server

I have emailed you a copy of "show processlist;" from mysql, but I do not know how to troubleshoot a 'too many connections' error. Could you assist me?

Thank you!

Paul

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Dave, I've increased my max_globalconnections from the default of 100 to 150. Any advice?

Thanks!

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:16 pm

BTW for anyone reading this was traced to a MySQL corruption.

To repair your MySQL why not try my amazingly poor myrep software - http://www.purplepixie.org/myrep