Alert scheduling

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
paullanders

Alert scheduling

Post by paullanders » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi Dave.

I noticed in the wiki a section for Alert Actions that recommends creating 2 different alerts schedules to manage alerting at different times. You had previously created a custom script for me to allow recording to continue during the night but disable alerting, but still firing a failure alert in the early morning in a failure occurred during the night. Does the dual scheduling recommended in the wiki accomplish exactly the same thing?

Also, is there still the issue of schedules crossing midnight?

Thanks!

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Re: Alert scheduling

Post by dave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Paul,

You could use this to disable alerting (disable your alert action during the night) but what it wouldn't do is cause an alert to be fired in the morning - it would have tried to fire during the night and been thrown away by your action as it wasn't scheduled. Your custom script changes the status of the actual node to not alert and hence first failure once that is switched back on an alert is generated.

Crossing midnight should now be ok AFAIK following an earlier fix but you do have to create two exceptions for each side of midnight as documented.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Dave.

paullanders

Re: Alert scheduling

Post by paullanders » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:19 pm

OK, thanks Dave! I'll definitely keep my custom script! :-)

Paul