imap_open

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
paullanders

imap_open

Post by paullanders » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Dave.

I've configured an IMAP test, but it does not work. In my System Status is says:

IMAP - imap_open functions required
IMAP is not supported - don't configure IMAP tests or your environment will hang

I do have PHP5-imap support installed on this Debian Etch computer. What else would I be missing?

Thanks!

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Re: imap_open

Post by dave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi Paul,

Hmm.... Well all that does is do a function_exists() on the imap_open() function. Usually you are actually running two (hopefully identically optioned) versions of PHP with FreeNATS - the apache module for the web interface and the CLI binary for the automated scripts (testing). This error certainly does indicate lack of imap_open().

function_exists() seems to be pretty stable and in fact the example given is checking imap_open to see about IMAP method availability!

Can you try the following:

- create a web-accessible info.php file containing just:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- what does that output?

Cheers,

Dave.

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi Dave.

It outputs tons and tons of PHP info, but nothing on the page about IMAP.

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi,

You should at least have an IMAP section if not a "--with-imap" in the compiler info. It does look like your PHP (apache module version at least) doesn't have IMAP :cry:

To check your CLI version options you can from the shell do:

Code: Select all

php info.php > cli.html
and then you can view cli.html and see if there is any difference or that has IMAP. It's the CLI version that would actually require it.

If you don't have it then it should be fairly simple to add it (sadly it's been 10 years or so since I used debian).

Cheers,

Dave.

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Yes, the cli output of info.php shows several imap lines. And strangely, the IMAP node test is now working properly! However, the System Status Report still shows:

Environment

IMAP - imap_open functions required
IMAP is not supported - don't configure IMAP tests or your environment will hang
Sockets - Ok
Streams - Ok
MySQL - Ok
Mail - Ok
PHP5 - Ok

Paul

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:59 pm

The tester script runs through the CLI version of PHP but your apache module doesn't support it. In theory this should mean imap tests should work though the status page will always show it as failing (as for web-based PHP the functions aren't available).

As for why it was failing originally I'm not sure. If it starts failing again have a look at the test session output (system admin - test sessions) which may show some errors.

Cheers,

Dave.