nodes still showing in alerts box after deletion

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
amedias

nodes still showing in alerts box after deletion

Post by amedias » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:29 am

I've just installed 1.01.7b from source after trialling it on virtual machine and I'm having one minor issue...

I created a few nodes, 2 were running DNS tests, one was done a HTTP web time test and i forgot that the DNS nodes wouldnt actually allow me to query because the freenats box is on the wrong subnet and the web time test is failing because we haven't sorted a routing issue tot he particular machine it's testing.

Consequently these nodes failed their tests and appeared in the NATS Alerts box to the right of the main screen. Since the nodes were of no use to me I went and deleted the nodes, however they are still showing in the alerts box.

Everything else seems normal, no emails being fired off by the deleted nodes, they are not showing in the nodes list, they just persist in the NATS Alerts box.

Any ideas, am I missing something silly?

ta
Matt

amedias

Re: nodes still showing in alerts box after deletion

Post by amedias » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 am

brief update....
i recreated the nodes with the exact same name but with a basic ping test to localhost so i knew it would work.
this closed the alerts so i deleted the nodes.

basically it looks like if you delete node while it is alerting state then it will not be removed from the NATS Alert box.

I can live with this for now, but might be worth looking at before next release.

Thanks Dave, loving v1 and the custom test intervals!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi,

Glad you worked round it ok for the moment. I'll get that sorted for the next release.

Just for information in the meantime you can close rogue alerts with an SQL query from the SQL Console (available in System Settings once you have set the system variable site.admin.enablesql to 1).

Enter the query:

Code: Select all

update fnalert set closedx=now() where nodeid="your_node_id"
But I need to have a look at this and a few other things around deletion of items with dependencies as well anyway.

Thanks for letting me know,

Cheers,

Dave.

amedias

Post by amedias » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:56 am

Thanks for the SQL query, will use that next time!

So far so good!
Matt

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:46 pm

No probs. Also for info if you want to close ALL alerts (nodes still existing that are failing will just re-open an alert on the next test):

Code: Select all

update fnalert set closedx=now() where closedx=0
In case you were wondering... Yes this does mean that closedx infers status as well, if it was never closed then it must be open. Yes, yes, I know.

Cheers,

Dave.