Options > Groups error message

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
paullanders

Options > Groups error message

Post by paullanders » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi. I have a new installation of version 0.04.25/b. On the Live Monitor screen when I click Options > Groups it produces the following error message"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/freenats/server/web/monitor.php:32) in /opt/freenats/server/web/monitor.php on line 82

Thank you!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Options > Groups error message

Post by dave » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi there,

I think I've found the cause though I couldn't actually reproduce the problem (I think it's an environmental output buffering issue - are you running a source or VM install?) - I have put up what I hope to be a fixed version as an alpha test:

http://www.purplepixie.org/freenats/dow ... 27a.tar.gz

If you're running the VM then there are some instructions on downloading specific versions at http://www.purplepixie.org/freenats/wik ... ic_Version

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Dave.

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm running the standalone install. I will update and repost the results.

paullanders

Post by paullanders » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Yes, this fixed it. Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Glad to hear it.

FYI I think this might indicate an issue with PHP's output buffering functions in your environment. If you get other problems with PHP scripts not being able to set cookies/header data etc then you might want to look at it. It's probably pretty safe though as most people aren't as lazy as me and just hack setcookie's in halfway down a page and just ob() the output!