Closed Alert and Graphing Issues

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
bgriffin

Closed Alert and Graphing Issues

Post by bgriffin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm

I tried to do a clean install of freenats. Installed an Ubuntu Lamp Server (clean) and using postfix for email. I am having 2 problems.

1. On the alerts, the failed message sends just fine. When alert is closed, no email is sent.
2. I am having a graphing problem. I read your post in a forum message and did the couple of tests you suggested. Nothing was sent to terminal at all. Here is the image info that is broken http://10.1.0.25/test.graph.php?testid= ... 1&i=909064

dave
Site Admin

Re: Closed Alert and Graphing Issues

Post by dave » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi there,

Sorry you are experiencing problems with FreeNATS.

With regard to your problems:

1. Alerts not saying closed.

Can you check that the 'Decreases' option is checked for the relevant alert action (Configuration - System Settings - Alert Actions - [Action in Question]).

Decreases needs to be checked in order for lowering of levels (to just warning or closed from failed) for alerts to be sent (http://www.purplepixie.org/freenats/wik ... rt_Actions).

2. Graphs not displaying.

It seems from what you say this has never worked. The tests mentioned in the other post was trying to diagnose them working one minute and then stopping.

My first guess if they haven't ever worked then PHP may be missing the necessary component for graphing.

You can check the status of needed PHP modules using System Status Report (Configuration - System Settings - System Status Report)

Towards the bottom of this page are Environment details for Web and CLI, we are specifically interested in the status of GD for Web (though really everything should be green and Ok for the system to work ok).

If GD is not installed then you will need to install the relevant pakage for your platform/php-type.

Please let me know how you get on,

Cheers,

Dave.

bgriffin

Post by bgriffin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you for the quick response and appreciate the help getting everything working just fine. Decreasing check box and installing gd graphics was fix. Now I can get back to work!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Great news - enjoy your work!