"Cannot connect to MySQL server" when deleting nodes

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
rad

"Cannot connect to MySQL server" when deleting nodes

Post by rad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Whenever I delete a node, after I click the confirm action link, I eventually get a blank web page that only says "Cannot connect to MySQL server". However, after I refresh the page it loads the nodes list and the node is in fact deleted from the list. This is on the VM version 1.04.6b.

dave
Site Admin

Re: "Cannot connect to MySQL server" when deleting nodes

Post by dave » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi,

Just to say I've tried a few different ways within the VM and I cannot replicate this problem.

So a few questions to help me narrow it down:

- You say "every time" I assume this means it's happened more than once?
- Are the nodes new or old ones i.e. is there much data?
- If you just create a new node and delete it straight away does the same error occur?
- What is the URL shown for the page that displays the error?

Thanks,

Dave.

rad

Post by rad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you.

The nodes were older ones, so there would have been a lot of data. However, lately it hasn't been having the issue when I delete a node. Not sure what was up.

New problem now is that my production VM won't load the web page. I've rebooted the VM but it just reports back with "Cannot connect to MySQL server". Trying to load the rPath page only gets this:

An error has occured between the web server and the service processing the request. Please reload this page, or go back and try again. If the error persists, contact your system administrator.

I contacted my system administrator, but he wasn't helpful either. See, I make joke. You like?

When I check the stats for the VM on my vSphere 4 server it shows that the virtual CPU is max'd out. Somthin ain't right.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi,

Ok it looks like something has gone loco during startup - maybe the raa service.

If you go onto the console do you see anything (may have to hit a key to clear screensaver)?

If you get a login prompt then try and login as root and do a "ps aux" - see what process(es) have high CPU % usage.
Alternatively if it's stuck somewhere during startup where is it stuck?

If everything is frozen then try a reboot and see what happens during startup? Maybe even try a selective startup and don't start the rPath services which I think are raa something and something else. Will have a look when I can but don't have access to the VM today.

Sorry you are having this problem.

Regards,

Dave.

P.S. Being your own system admin is always a shame - you can't take the option to "manually reboot the admin" with your feet.