Node Status - Untested

The forum for help and support with FreeNATS as well as any useful hints and tips
say2paul

Node Status - Untested

Post by say2paul » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi Dave

The app was working perfectly fine but all of a sudden it started giving strange problem.

When I create new node, it always show "Status : Untested".

Moreover if I create new node test in existing node, it always show "Last Tested: never"

I'll pm you the server details along with username/password.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Node Status - Untested

Post by dave » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi,

Have you maybe done an update on the rPath appliance? Login to the shell and try typing "php" then return.

If it gives command not found you need to follow the conary steps shown at http://www.purplepixie.org/freenats/news.php?id=80

Regards,

Dave.

say2paul

Post by say2paul » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:06 pm

dave wrote:Hi,

Have you maybe done an update on the rPath appliance? Login to the shell and try typing "php" then return.

If it gives command not found you need to follow the conary steps shown at http://www.purplepixie.org/freenats/news.php?id=80

Regards,

Dave.
No I haven't, may be someone else.. I will check it once I reach Office (10 hours after this post) and let you know!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 am

Hi,

Sorry - forgot in fact you're not using the rPath environment!

Ok have just had a look at your setup and it seems to me the ping test is failing for non-local hosts and this is actually bringing the test script down. There was also a corruption in the log table which wasn't helping matters and was causing stuff to hang.

I've cleared the log table and disabled the ping test on the two api hosts and the other tests are now working fine. Unfortunately I can't really go much further without being able to get onto a shell on your system which I think we've discussed before and isn't possible (this would also help with the as yet unresolved PHP XML issue for nodeside testing).

I can't see any obvious cause of this - if a ping fails then the test should fail "gracefully" regardless of why it fails even if the socket can't be created or similar.

Perhaps I could suggest you create another test node with a ping of a remote host on your LAN and then run this from the command-line:
server/bin# php tester.php [nodeid]

And see what the result is?

Sorry I can't be any more specific help.

Regards,

Dave.